The foundation of our investment philosophy is based on a system that won the Nobel Prize. This philosophy has been validated over time and has been emphasized in our firm since day one. The core of our approach is strategic asset allocation and disciplined portfolio management while customizing to an appropriate level of risk for each client. The result is a portfolio built to maximize growth and stability while minimizing risk and emotion.
In 1990, US Economist Harry Markowitz, William F. Sharpe and Merton H. Miller shared the Nobel Prize for their contributions to financial economics. Markowitz is best known for his pioneering work in modern portfolio theory (MPT) which says that portfolio diversification reduces risk and enhances expected return over time. Modern portfolio theory is at the core of Lowery Thomas’ investment philosophy and approach.
We invest for you according to these fundamental principles:
- Use comprehensive financial planning to drive investment decisions.
- Investment strategy using technical and fundamental research.
- Invest with a long-term outlook.
- Create globally-diversified portfolios that reduce risk and improve return.
- Remove emotion from the investing process.
- Minimize costs including taxes and turnover whenever possible.
Our customized investment and financial plans are flexible to adapt to changes in economic conditions and are monitored closely to ensure the plans fit as life circumstances and goals change. Our initial investment plan along with ongoing analysis and advice from Lowery Thomas are always tailored to our clients’ individual financial situation.